Saturday, February 12, 2011

Baby Shower

I must admit, I am really bad at being the center of attention.  Before I got married, I had a bridal shower, and it was quite difficult for me to have everybody watch me open gifts and react.  I was really nervous.  I'm sure this feeling is quite irrational, but there you have it.  I don't like being the center of attention.

Bridal shower in 2009

Now, fast forward to baby showers.  I don't have as much of a problem with having a baby shower for some strange reason.  Maybe it's the fact that, as much as it's me in the limelight, it's not really about me.  It's about the babies.  And let's face it, who doesn't like ooo-ing and aahhh-ing over adorable baby clothes, blankets and toys?  Even diapers are cute!  Who knew that by making something extra small, it would make it almost irresistible to a group of women? 





I was supposed to have my baby shower today.  Unfortunately, the flu decided to have a party this week, too, and most of the guest list was either getting over it or getting it.  So, it has been postponed until next week.  While I was rather disappointed, I was also grateful for the consideration of the hostess, my aunt Verlene.  It's hard enough being pregnant, no need to add a horrible stomach flu to the mix.  So, to my family and friends who would have attended today - thank you, and for those that were sick - thank you for not sharing your germs with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment