Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Music

I am a big fan of lots of varieties of music.  But my favorite lately is anything that makes the babies kick.  And they do have a preference!  Favorites lately include Celtic music, New Age (think Enya) and church music.  They enjoy some classical and pop as well, but the first 3 get the most reaction.  I also love singing random songs throughout the day, and humming as well.  I think the vibration of humming is easily felt by the babies, because they react more to it.  =)


Music in general is very important to me.  I have loved music from a very early age in my life.  When I was little, I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.  My heartfelt attempts to stay on key were pretty bad.  But after lots of practice, and encouragement from my mother, I finally mastered the concept.  I can happily report that I now possess near perfect pitch!  I sing all the time - in the car, around the house, while out and about... I'm sure it's annoying to some, but I've learned to not care.

My favorite types of music actually run pretty close to what the babies current favorites are: New Age, Celtic and LDS Church music.  I also enjoy some folk music (it reminds me of my grandparents), and choral music.
I plan to really surround my children throughout their education with various good music types, and teach them the basics about reading music.  My hopes and dreams for them are to be able to play at least one instrument each.  Time will tell, I suppose.  My choices: piano, violin, cello, flute, harp or clarinet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Cami! I agree--you worked really hard to sing as beautiful and true as you do now! I love hearing you sing, but don't hear you often enough! You have good taste in music, too. :) Sing on...

    ReplyDelete